WRITE FOR US
Want to share your story with us? We'd love to hear what you have to say.
How it works
- Come up with a story idea (or a couple) related to the veterinary industry that inspires you that you also think would be helpful to other young professionals.
- Pitch them to NextGen's editor, Sarah Said at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the topic is approved, work with the editor and follow the guided steps provided to complete the piece.
- Share your content online with friends, family, and colleagues!
What we are looking for
We are looking for students and emerging professionals to write about a specific opinion regarding a topic related to the veterinary industry. The thought should be based on their own experiences and observations. Content will be reviewed to ensure there is no offensive language or subject matter. All claims must be referenced.
We are also looking for students and emerging professionals to write about a personal experience they have had that relates to their journey to becoming a veterinary professional or their start as one. This could have taken place at school, during internships, at the workplace, or even privately. Contributors can write on anything from a describing difficult moment or day that has offered them a certain perspective to describing a long-term project they have worked on that has been influential in their career.
If you are having trouble thinking of a topic you'd like to write about, check out our guiding pillars below. The content can touch on more than one or none at all, as long as it relates to the veterinary industry and provides valuable information to NextGen's audience.
- Mental health (ex. stress management)
- Diversity (ex. LGBTQ community in the industry)
- Environmental/social issues (ex. the environmental impact of veterinary equipment)
- Social media/technology (ex. how it can be used to expand knowledge and clients)
- Career experiences (ex. could focus on any particular opinion or experience at school/in the workplace that has shaped you and your career)
JOIN OUR #NEXTBOARD
Are you an experienced veterinary professional who is interested in sharing advice to students and emerging professionals?
NextGen has created a board of established veterinarians who's job is to answer an anonymous question from our readers about any topic related to animal health medicine. The answer should offer guidance based on personal experiences and will be published to the website.
We understand that veterinarians are very busy, so members are only expected to answer around two to four questions a year.
If you'd like to be a part of #NextBoard, contact NextGen's editor, Sarah Said at email@example.com.
View all #NextBoard members, here.
While we cannot offer compensation, we do allow a unique opportunity to reach the veterinary community's next generation.